Sunday, 06 November 2011

As the Machines Take Over

Sadly this post is a little post-due, but I will document what and how I felt about this "future".
This is how I feel about certain knick-knacks the computer performs. I do not break this easily though, literally and I suppose metaphorically. In the conference, I was going in expecting technical error after error. To my surprise there were less errors than a Windows Vista.
                                                                   No Comment


Humor put aside, I could not help but notice how almost everything we talked about somehow reminded me of Terminator. In a sense, I would say without doubt, the computer can end you. Like any tool you find (in this case super tool), the tool can be utilized as a insane murder weapon. Think about it; would you want to be locked in a tool shed full of innocent appearing squeegee and an escaped convict named Dr. Daddy?

                                              "Can I murd- I mean wash your car?"

Roy said, "Program or be programmed!"
I was frightened, yet excited at the thought of dragging the weak people/desktop items into the virtual trashcan for not complying with the future. Programming is beyond my understanding since the 010010101 code thing has been skinned over to accommodate the mediocre and technological inept. Not saying I am either (humbly speaking) but this makes me feel like I was cheated out of learning another language by the MAN! I have all these foreign friends who started learning English at seven years old, they should have at least been teaching us computer code at seven. I mean if they teach Starcraft Theory (http://celestialkitsune.wordpress.com/2009/03/05/uc-berkeley-class-starcraft-theory-strategy/) at Berkley, and it's a national past time in South Korea (pros making more money than an NFL player), we, the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, should integrate a little more computer theory in school.

                                                         
                                    "This is what Koreans and nerdy Europeans call bootcamp"




  

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant! For anyone who saw Roy's presentation, your reaction and the way you expressed it make perfect sense. Just in case your blog gets visitors who didn't see the talk live, can you include some of the topics he discussed to give this more context?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I just started thinking about that as I finished up. It wouldn't make a ton of sense for someone that wasn't there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really interesting to read, and I stayed engaged throughout because of the videos/pictures. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked how you kept it interesting with the pictures and video. But, I do agree with Preston in that it would be nice if you talked about the topics from the meeting in case people didn't see it.
    good job though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did really well on this! I like how you were creative and added videos and pictures. I do think you need a little more detail about the live chat but I like how you included your opinion in this post and not just info. Good job!

    ReplyDelete